Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Squeezing in some poker

Well as you read this blog you will start to learn a little bit more about me and my life outside of poker. 2 weeks ago my wife gave birth to our first child, what an amazing experience. I'm just now starting to get back into playing on a daily basis. So last evening I played two games:
1) a $15 turbo single table tournamnent - These things are a bit of a crapshoot, but they're fun and pretty easy to make it to the money on. After stealing a few blinds the first two orbits I'm dealt pocket Aces. I raise to 3x the BB Button with 200 chips goes all-in, BB with 1100 goes all-in, I obviously call. They showed AQ and JJ respectively and with an A on the flop, they found an early exit. Long story short, I took it down for $67.50
2)I played in the 10:15 p.m. eastern time 10+1 rebuy at stars. I've been questioning if these are really wise to play in for me, as I have a bit of tilt to me. This tourney had its share od bad beats for me. I played real tight up to the first break for a change(didn't want to damage the bankroll too bad with the costly strategy of trying to double up on any 2 cards like some do). Had my stack up to 3700 with no rebuys, not even at the beginning. I'm dealt AQs and raise UTG limper to 4x BB and he pushes all-in, I reluctantly call and see AJo from him. The flop comes J8J and that takes half my stack. I add on at the break for a total investment of $21 for the tourney and build that stack up to 12k by break #2. Right after the break I lose about half my stack when my KK loses to two pair on the river. My M was getting low so I pushed JJ on the button to be called by a big-stack with A10o. You guessed it, an A on the turn. Oh well

Good to be back playing
Winnings/losses for last night:

Turbo +51.50
Rebuy -21.00
Winnings +30.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Hit Counter