Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My first blog post

Ahhhh....yes my inaugural posting to my new blog, so much to say. OK not really, but I'll explain a little bit about myself and what you can find on my blog. I started playing Texas Hold em' last year sometime online, and was instantly hooked. I had the good fortune of wining a $20 buy-in tournament on pokerstars after about a month of play and took down about $2250 for the win. Needless to say a win like that right off the bat was enough to go straight to my head. I started playing in $100 dollar buy-in games acting like a high-roller and throwing money around like I didn't need it. I thought I didn't need to practice bankroll management, because I had obviously mastered this simple game. The harsh realities of Poker set in very soon after.

Over the past year I've done a lot of growing up in my life outside and inside the poker room. I stumbled upon an amazing poker resource late last year at www.internettexasholdem.com. This website proved to be an invaluable resource for poker, and I haven't looked back since.

Poker has allowed me to earn some additional income to my full-time job through the last year, and for that I am extremely grateful. However I want to take my game to the next level, cut the variance to a more standard level, and treat my game as more of a job than an entertaining hobby. I've decided to begin thinking outloud on this blog, mostly poker related, some miscellaneous topics. My goal is not to get 100's of people reading it, but rather to track my progress in a semi-public way, to allow incoming analysis from anyone who may stop in to read my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Hit Counter